General Expectations of ANZBMS Members and Employees:
Members and employees are responsible for their own behaviour and are expected to conduct themselves in the following manner with regard to Society activities:
- behave honestly, with integrity and in a way that upholds the values and reputation of the Society;
- act in a cooperative, responsive and helpful manner;
- act with care and diligence;
- ensure fairness in decision making;
- treat everyone with respect and courtesy and without discrimination or harassment;
- use ANZBMS property and money efficiently, carefully and honestly with due authorisation and without misappropriation;
- comply with the ethical standards and legal requirements of their profession;
- comply with all applicable laws, and Codes of Conduct of the ANZBMS;
- comply in a timely manner with any lawful or reasonable direction given by a person with the authority to give the direction.
In the case of an alleged breach of the Code(s) of Conduct, the Society will apply the principles of procedural fairness when investigating a complaint. If an allegation is found to be proven, in serious cases members may have their membership and/or affiliation terminated.