Sol Posen Research Award
This Award is named in honour of Professor Sol Posen who was one of the pioneers in the field of bone and mineral endocrinology in this country. Sol Posen’s contributions span the range from basic biochemistry – his citation classic in Clinical Chemistry described the first means of distinguishing alkaline phosphatase of bone origin – to clinical studies in metabolic bone disease, including Paget’s disease, osteoporosis, hyperparathyroidism and tumour-induced osteomalacia. He attended meetings and journal clubs, where his presence was marked, as ever, by his propensity to ask incisive questions.
- The applicant must be a financial member of ANZBMS at the time of the application.
- The applicant must be undertaking a higher degree, or be within of 5 years full-time equivalent of obtaining their higher degree (ie. PhD, Masters, FRACP or equivalent).
- No one publication can receive the award more than once, although applicants can submit the same publication in different years.
- Applicants should be the first author of the publication.
- The date of publication will be considered as the date that the final ‘print’ version of the manuscript first becomes available online and this date will need to be listed on the application. The 18 month eligibility window for a manuscript is relative to this date.
The award is based on the best paper published in the 18 months prior to the closing date of the award.
13th August 2021
To apply complete the online Sol Posen Research Awards Application Form.
Prof Sol Posen
Thao P. Ho-Le
Farzin M Takyar
Tak Sum Cheng