The Finance Committee is a standing committee of the ANZBMS Council appointed by Council to assist it in the conduct of its business by providing advice to the ANZBMS Council both on the Society’s financial performance in the current year and the financial implication of any future plans.
This committee is charged to:
- Review and monitor the Society’s performance against financial targets established by Council, including Budget and/or Strategic Plan targets.
- Review and advise Council on the Society budget (including budgets of Annual Scientific Meetings) and annual financial statements.
- Review regular financial reports and, where appropriate, provide advice to Council on the implications of these.
- Consider and make appropriate recommendations to Council on any matters having significant financial impact on the Society.
- Advise Council on the short, medium and long term financial implications of the Society’s Plans.
- Advise Council in relation to:
- The extent and adequacy of the ANZBMS insurance cover (at least annually),
- Any external contracts in excess of $5000 requiring Council approval.
- Receive the annual reports and financial statements of the Society’s controlled and associated entities.
- Approve and monitor an investment policy for ANZBMS Members Funds.
- Exercise authority to it by Council.
- Consider all matters referred to it by Council or the ANZBMS President.
Nathan Pavlos (Chair)