Clinical Practice Committee
ANZBMS Clinical Practice Committee engages with other professional, scientific and public/ non-governmental organisations sharing similar interest in promoting high quality research, strong scholarship and professional development in areas directly or associated with musculoskeletal diseases. Through these engagements, the committee aims to maintain high profile of ANZBMS and osteoporosis/ musculoskeletal diseases in Australia and New Zealand.
This committee is charged to:
- Engagement with the RACP.
This may include:
- Representation at RACP adult medicine division meetings on behalf of the ANZBMS president
- Liaison with RACP advanced training committees
- Liaison with the Internal Medicine journal
- Development of an electronic seminar series for bone
- Engagement with other professional training bodies such as the College of Surgeons.
- Engagement with other societies in Australia, New Zealand and overseas such as ASBMR and IOF.
- Engagement with fracture liaison services in Australia and New Zealand.
- Engagement with the reform of the MBS (lead by Bruce Robinson) and the EVOLVE process.
- Engagement with NGOs such as Osteoporosis Australia, Osteoporosis New Zealand, Arthritis and Osteoporosis VIC and Arthritis and Osteoporosis NSW.
Grahame Elder (Chair)