Modification to Articles of Association of the ANZBMS
The Articles of Association of the ANZBMS was last amended in 2009, and previously in 1999. It is proposed that the Articles of Association be updated to reflect recent changes and developments in ANZBMS practice, and to consolidate the previous amendments.
A lawyer has reviewed the proposed amendments to the Articles of Association, and it was noted that Article 51 provided for adoption amendments of the articles, that none of the proposed amendments appear to breach any law, and are matters strictly for the interests and benefit of the Society.
Summary of the key changes proposed:
- Definition of Student Member (Article 2).
- Modernisation of the form for appointment of Proxy (Article 13).
- Recognition and definition of the Treasurer and their appointment to Council (Article 15).
- Defining process for a Circulating Resolution (Article 40).
- Recognition of electronic media for communication.
- Incorporate changes as proposed in amendments of 1999 and 2009.
A copy of the amended Articles of Association of the ANZBMS, marked up to show the proposed changes, is available at downloads below.
Modification to Articles of Association of the ANZBMS - Resolution
To consider and if thought fit to pass as a special resolution:
That the Articles of Association of the ANZBMS tabled at the Annual General Meeting and signed by the Chair of the Meeting for the purpose of identification be approved and adopted as the Articles of Association of the ANZBMS, in place of the current Articles of Association.
The Council recommends that you vote in favour of the special resolution.
ANZBMS Proxy Form AGM 2014 - Deadline 7 September 2014